CD Projekt RED have announced that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is ready to be pressed onto the Blu-Ray discs that will bring much joy to the crowds of gamers heavily anticipating its release and likely uploaded to Steam / GOG as well for the many PC Gamers equally excited for the upcoming AAA Action RPG title.
The developer has stated numerous times that they believe the game will graphically please players no matter which platform they choose to play on and obviously gamers are expecting it to shine the most on the Windows PC assuming you have the parts in your machine to make that possible. May 19, 2015 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release for PS4, Xbox ONE, and Windows PC with tons of open world features that could rival any game in the genre. If you missed it, check out the Dev Overview Video w/ Gameplay.
“-we literally spent tens of thousands of hours to turn all that into an adventure that will kick your ass and make you want to come for more.” – Direct Quote from CD Projekt RED’s Adam Badowski
Now that the title is gold the development of two newly announced expansion packs will continue forward. In Hearts of Stone there will be over 10 hours of No Man’s Land and Oxenfurt gameplay surrounding some sort of mysterious contract with Geralt as the main player and deception as a key theme.
Blood and Wine is over 20 hours and instead introduces Geralt to an entire region called Toussaint where, again, secrecy is an occurring theme that will eventually be unfolded over the course of the expansion content.
It’s currently unknown what exactly will come of these expansions but CD Projekt RED feels our pain as to DLC not always living up to expectations and urges players to hold back if they have doubts. They even explicitly state there is no need to buy them now, but the options is there, and mark their intentions to draw from the earlier time of PC Gaming days when expansions really meant something substantial and were worth the dollar amount since they really added to the games.
Excerpt from the Official Press Release:
“Hearts of Stone will premiere in October, while Blood and Wine is slated for release in the first quarter of 2016.
Both expansions will be available on all three platforms: Xbox One, PC, PlayStation 4.”
Editor’s Note: There will also be 16 Free DLCs for the game included for everyone.
In addition to all of this news revolving around The Witcher 3 we also now know that there will be Xbox ONE consoles being sold with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt included. This appears to be a Europe, Middle East, and Africa only thing for the time being and is being released on May 19, 2015 in the UK for £310 British Pounds (we thought they use Euros over there? So much for the New World Order 🙂 ). The price and release date for other countries has not yet been revealed. There will be a standard controller, HDMI cable, and power cord, with a standard black Xbox ONE console in the bundle and the game itself is going to be a digital voucher for download over Xbox LIVE as most bundles these days are.
Stay Tuned to RealGamerNewz.com for much, much more information on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt as launch approaches next month (including our Review) and if you haven’t been keeping up then be sure to check out some of our existing coverage for the game below in our Related Reading feature.
- The Witcher 3 Save Transfer Details Revealed
- The Witcher 3 Developer Opens Up a New Studio; Speaks On Future RPGs of Industry
- CD Projekt Red’s Hidden Message Uncovered Within The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt “Sword of Destiny” Trailer
- The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Destined to Be The Greatest RPG of All Time?
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Gets New Screenshots at 4K Resolution
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Gets Official Gameplay Footage in HD 1080P
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will Receive Two Paid Expansions
- The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Editions and Gameplay Footage Revealed During CD Projekt Red’s Conference
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4 / XO / PC) – January 2015 Gameplay [HD 1080P/60FPS]
- Pros vs Cons: The Witcher 3 Multiplayer – Part One
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Recap Trailer [HD 1080P]
- Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Adds Ciri As Playable Character
- Stay your Blade, The Witcher 3 has Been Delayed…Again
- The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt (PC / XO / PS4) – New Trailer [HD]
- The Witcher 3 All DLC Expected to be FREE!! [Updated]
- Epic The Witcher 3 Opening Cinematic Released
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Gamescom 2014 Trailer
- Brand New Footage of The Witcher 3 / CD Projekt RED Press Conference, Pre Order Info – Today @ 2PM EST Right Here!
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (AAA Next-Gen / PC RPG) Delayed
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – VGX 2013 Trailer [HD]
- E3 2013: The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Trailer
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Still Considering Multiplayer for PlayStation 4, Despite Fan’s Concerns
- Even More The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Details Surface
- Stunning The Witcher 3 Screenshots Released