In this episode of the RealGamerNewz Podcast the crew has assembled together to discuss and respond to groups of gamers out there claiming this will mark the last console generation in history. The same was said about the Wii/PS3/Xbox 360 Generation and is now being said that the Wii U/PS4/Xbox 720 will be the last consoles in history. We speak on this and analyze the validity (or lack thereof) of these claims in the following show among other topics.
- The Crash of 1992 VS People Thinking This is The Last Gen of Consoles.
- Origin’s Discontinuation Imminent? Economy Effecting the Market?
- Steam Saves the Day: Support for indies Sword of Stars: The Pit (RPG), hardcore FPS: ARMA 3 and everything in between. Output for televisions and the potential for the Piston and Steambox to release for steam’s entry into console race.
- Microsoft has something up their sleeve: Open Minded to Working with Steam and Returning to PC Roots and Classic PC Franchises. Next Gen Reveal April 26[?]. Future Direction Reveal April 26. Xbox 720 Exclusive Projects Unnanounced[?]. Digital Distribution and/or Blu-Ray Innovations[?].
- Nintendo may release Wii U Must Have Sooner Than We Think: Wii co-existing with Wii-U to keep huge income flowing. DS co-existing with 3DS to keep huge income flowing; mainly 1st party titles that satisfy hardcore and casual gamers alike, third party support decent every generation and improving with Wii U. Wii U could serve as a great 4-6 year interlude to Nintendo’s competitor for Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4.
- Sony’s PS3 Will Remain on the market to compete against the Wii U, Xbox 360′s manufacturer Microsoft claims they will attempt this as well. Maybe the haters are right about console gaming coming to an end, or maybe they are wrong and it has just begun… YOU be the judge! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion!