“After the events of Mask of Deception, the Yamato Empire is now ruled with an iron fist by a ruthless usurper who seeks to subjugate all before him. It’s up to a couple of familiar faces to band together against the might of the Imperial army, and the fate of the world hangs in the balance as nations and generals must pick a side to fight with in this perilous civil war. Secrets will be revealed, friendships will be tested, and battles will be fought. Will peace and order be restored or will victory at any cost be the beginning of the end?”
Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth features:
• An Epic Scope – Mask of Truth is an 80+ hours long experience that features more fascinating characters, dastardly creatures, exotic locales, and important battles than ever before!
• A Story at Its End – The rich Utawarerumono visual novel tradition continues in Mask of Truth. The landscape has changed and there are new nations, people, and truths to discover during this uncertain time. The dramatic events of Mask of Deception have set up the story for a climactic and thrilling conclusion in Mask of Truth.
• Enhanced SRPG Battle Mechanics – Since war is on everyone’s agenda, expect plenty more battles to partake in. Turn-based tactics make a return and an updated battle system make fights both strategic and fast paced! Utilize new extended Action Chains, a higher-level cap, and more to gain the upper hand on the battlefield. Additionally, certain characters can team up and dish out some devastating offense with Co-op Final and Co-op Chain attacks. Oh, there’s also now a Mock Battle mode that can be used to practice new combat tactics and gain EXP/BP.
• A Fantastical Atmosphere – The gorgeous art style, beautifully rendered cutscenes, and rousing score (recorded and remastered at the legendary Abbey Road Studios and EastWest Studios) make a return. Dive into a magical storybook that comes alive before your very eyes!
“Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth will be released in the Americas on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in both physical and digital formats on Sept. 5. The European PS4 version will have a physical release, but the PS Vita version will be digital-only. It will be priced at $49.99 for the PS4 and $39.99 for the PS Vita (with commensurate European pricing). The game, originally published/developed by AQUAPLUS, will have its original Japanese audio. Mask of Truth has not yet been rated by the ESRB.”
“Accel World VS Sword Art Online is finally here! Jump into the deteriorated world of Alfheim Online to save your friend from the clutches of Persona Vabel! Combine the different fighting styles of over 30 fan-favorite anime characters to defeat your opponents. Plus, challenge your friends in epic multiplayer 4 vs 4 battles, or join forces in 16 player raid missions!” Out now for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.
“Kirby is ready for action in a whole different dimension—the third dimension! Have a blast inhaling foes and blowing them away in 3D environments across 25+ stages. Kirby’s Blowout Blast is Available Now!”
As we all know, the Nintendo 3ds is still going strong with a great lineup of titles coming it’s way. Nintendo made a sorta sizzle reel trailer for future titles hitting the platform. Games like Metroid Samus Returns, Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, Mario and Luigi Superstar Sage/Bowser’s Minons, and much more.
Some details for Fire Emblem Warriors, and the future of Warriors styled Nintendo games have been detailed. Going into local multiplayer features, no word on online multiplayer yet. Along with how some basic leveling works, and how some of the features of the Fire Emblem franchise has made it’s way into Fire Emblem Warriors. Fire Emblem Warriors will launch on Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3ds family of systems sometime in Q3/Q4.
– Includes local co-op, which will be splitscreen
– Not any details on any plans for post-launch DLC
– You can level up and change classes
– You can change the character’s appearance as well
– Will be a more difficult mode where you have to think strategically or else you’ll lose characters
– A more casual mode where you will not lose characters
– Forge bonds between characters, but there is no marriage
– Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates are the games they’re “focusing” on for the roster
– No plans to develop Pikmin Warriors or Wave Race Warriors
“Olimar has crash-landed on another mysterious planet and needs the Pikmin’s help to survive. Find out more about Hey! PIKMIN and the amiibo functionality in this video.” Hey! PIKMIN comes out on July 28th for the Nintendo 3ds family systems. Hey! Ready for an adventure?
Dragon Quest XI has received some screenshots you can see below, showing off the PlayStation 4 version of the game. Dragon Quest XI is coming to Japan on July 29th for PlayStation 4 and 3ds, with of course the games coming to the states in the future, along with a Nintendo Switch version of the game.
“Ready to become a game developer? RPG Maker Fes makes it easy to develop any RPG you can imagine with no need for programming know-how! Simple, but powerful tools let you bring to life the amazing stories in your head! Customize the characters, stories, combat and more to become the next great developer! Then, share your creations and play others with the RPG Maker Player! What story will you share?”
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Nintendo’s Nintendo’s market capitalization is now at $49.8 billion (5.56 trillion yen), just ahead of Sony’s current market value of $48.6 billion (5.43 trillion yen). Sony deals in much more than Nintendo, which mainly does hardware and software. Ever since Pokemon GO came out last year Nintendo’s stock has been going up and up and up. Hitting big pockets of success when Pokemon Sun and Moon released, and when the Nintendo Switch first launched. The current stock price is 39,280 yen ($352), making for it’s highest value since 2008, which was the arguably the height of the Wii and Ds era.
Amazon has listed the hit 3ds title, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia for 25%, which is $29.99, off on their site. Fire Emblem as you know is a strategic turn based game, with heavy plot elements. Check the link below for the sale if you have yet to pick this title up.