Some details for Fire Emblem Warriors, and the future of Warriors styled Nintendo games have been detailed. Going into local multiplayer features, no word on online multiplayer yet. Along with how some basic leveling works, and how some of the features of the Fire Emblem franchise has made it’s way into Fire Emblem Warriors. Fire Emblem Warriors will launch on Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3ds family of systems sometime in Q3/Q4.
– Includes local co-op, which will be splitscreen
– Not any details on any plans for post-launch DLC
– You can level up and change classes
– You can change the character’s appearance as well
– Will be a more difficult mode where you have to think strategically or else you’ll lose characters
– A more casual mode where you will not lose characters
– Forge bonds between characters, but there is no marriage
– Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates are the games they’re “focusing” on for the roster
– No plans to develop Pikmin Warriors or Wave Race Warriors
Fire Emblem had a small title card earlier this, letting us know the franchise is coming to the Nintendo Switch sometime next year. Speculation is key here to what it could be like, but I’d like to share my thoughts. We have seen recently with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and the upcoming Super Mario Odyssey, embracing larger worlds, new mechanics, and heavily changing up the game, but still staying Mario and Zelda. Fire Emblem has the potential for the same thing.
Fire Emblem could go open world, let you walk through the wilds and towns of the kingdom, running into combat arenas and engaging in classic strategic gameplay. Letting you build up your fortress, but letting you walk into the buildings you built, engaging more directly with NPCs and your party members. Make the games graphics look like the cut scenes from Fire Emblem Fates except in beautiful HD with the power of the Nintendo Switch.
These are just some basic ideas on what the game could be like. I have a feeling with Nintendo’s current resonance of their titles, making Fire Emblem to a much bigger and complex title in all ways in the right direction to go in. We will see and I am sure whatever it is, will be great.