If you’ve never heard of GOG before now, then you’re in for a treat. PC Gamers around the world have long since grown accustomed to digital distribution, but in some aspects there were sacrifices made to obtain that comfort. GOG Galaxy aims to provide gamers with a DRM-Free software experience as it launches to provide a number of features that are all optional, some of which have never been this convenient. Today a new confirmation of what will be included in the GOG Galaxy client has been released, with a reminder that the software is still completely optional meaning that users who buy games from GOG are perfectly free to choose whether they want to install this or not.
As always with major announcements of this size, if you’re not a fan of reading check out the video below!
- Play Offline with no restrictions, GOG Galaxy Features Are Optional (Turn them each On / Off)
- GOG Achievements, GOG Friends List w/ Invite & Join, GOG Online Chat, Game Time Tracking & Stats
- GOG Galaxy Overlay, GOG Galaxy Matchmaking & Multiplayer,
- Automatic Update / Install of Games, Make DRM-Free Backups of Games
- or Opt-Out of Game Updates (Very Useful for Playing w/ Mods)
- Roll-Back Game Updates (Great if a bad patch makes your game worse!)
- Fully integrated GOG Store, Forums, and Blogs
- Cross-play with Steam Gamers or other PC Gamers
- Notifications for Deals of Wish List Games, Announcements from Games you follow, etc.
- Detect games already existing on your hard drive and add them to your list for convenience
- Permission has been given for users to Tweak / Modify / Reproduce the GOG Galaxy Client!!!
- Currently Available for Windows and Mac OS X with Future Linux Version Planned
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by Jon Ireson on 20150505 and was last modified on 20150505 .