Recently I had the unfortunate luck of discovering a glitch in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’s singleplayer outing. After finishing the campaign, not only did I not unlock the trophy for doing so but I noticed that I wasn’t able to replay the missions I had previously completed, via mission select.
A few days ago developer Sledgehammer Games released a patch for the game to fix many of the numerous issues it was facing. In the list of things the patch was supposed to fix, “Fixed rare save game issue affecting playthrough progression”, was one of them.
Upon reading this a few hours ago, I turned on my PS4, downloaded the patch and booted up the game only to find, that nothing had changed. Instead of getting pissed, shutting the game off and calling it a night, I decided to replay the final mission again. Sadly after beating, no trophy unlocked and the game still acts as though I have only beaten the first three missions.
It seems the patch didn’t do squat for this issue.
The full patch notes below. It has taken effect (Mostly?) for PS4 and PC, the Xbox One version is still pending.
- Adjustment to the in-game chat names notifications placement.
- Fixed Prestige reset issues, including emblems and challenges.
- Fixed marksman and camo challenges to not reset when you Prestige.
- Connectivity optimizations for game servers.
- Fixed issues with Ping Bar not updating correctly.
- Fixed stats not accumulating towards leaderboards after Prestiging.
- Adjustment to challenges to unlock camos for weapons.
- Fixed round-based game modes, affecting Win/Loss ratios.
- Implemented ability to unlock eSports Rule options in Private Match.
- Fixed weapon reloads counting as speed reloads in certain circumstances.
- Added description to reload informing that you can double-tap to speed reload.
- Fixed DoubleXP splash, so it doesn’t show up in Private Match, Combat Readiness Program, or Exo Survival mode.
- Showing 4x or 2x based on whether a loot DoubleXP item exists
- Add DoubleXP icon to medal splashes when DoubleXP is active.
- Fixed rare save game issue affecting playthrough progression
- KC score limit increased to 85 per match.
You can view my post patch recording straight from my PS4, showing the patch was ineffective for my issue.
So has this been fixed for anyone else or am I alone this firefight? Did you experience any of the other issues listed and were they also fixed? Sound off in the comments.
Source for Patch Notes: Call of Duty
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by Jermain Jackson on 20141117 and was last modified on 20141117 .