Today Microsoft has announced 25 new indie titles that will be a part of their ID@Xbox program. The 25 games in question have been confirmed as coming to the Xbox One. These announcements come from the Game Developers Conference currently taking place in San Francisco. Some titles included in the announcement are Divekick, Contrast, CastleStorm, and a revamped version of the stellar once PSN only downloadable title Guacamelee.
The titles announced were posted on Xbox Wire:
- “1001 Spikes” by Nicalis – This hardcore side-scroller features precise controls and a degree of difficulty that means starting with 1001 lives is not at all a guarantee you can make it through the game! Every level is custom designed to be beaten… barely. The game also includes co-op and cutthroat multiplayer modes.
- “Calibre 10 Racing Series” by Bongfish GmbH – “Calibre 10 Racing Series” is a spiritual successor to “Harms Way.” The game is entirely multiplayer in a new experience that combines action-packed racing with fast-paced first person shooting.
- “CastleStorm” by Zen Studios – It’s Knights vs. Vikings in “CastleStorm,” a super genre mash-up of 2D physics destruction mashed with tower defense brawler! “CastleStorm” features a story-driven solo campaign, a custom castle editor, online multiplayer, co-op modes, and more.
- “Chariot” by Frima – “Chariot” is a humorous physics-based couch co-op platformer in which a brave princess and her suitor carry a funeral wagon through ancient mines, fending off swarms of looters while amassing riches, to bury the King’s remains in a worthy gold-filled tomb.
- “Chuck’s Challenge 3D” by Niffler – From the design veteran behind the classic game “Chip’s Challenge,” comes “Chuck’s Challenge 3D,” a fiendishly addictive puzzler that’s packed with features that will tease the brain and challenge the fingers.
- “Contrast” by Compulsion Games – “Contrast” is a 2D/3D adventure game, set in a surreal, 1920s, film noir dreamscape. You must help Didi explore the mysteries surrounding her family, by using your ability to shift at will between the 3D world and your 2D shadow.
- “Divekick Addition Edition +” by Iron Galaxy Studios – “Divekick” is the world’s first-ever two-button fighting game! Now anyone can experience the thrill of fighting games without memorizing complex combos and finger-contorting button presses.
- “Forced” by BetaDwarf ApS – One- to four-player co-op arcade adventure with puzzles and tactical elements. You are cast as slaves in the toughest fantasy gladiator school of them all, condemned to fight as a gladiator and eventually win your freedom.
- “FRU” by Through Games – “Fru” is a Kinect-based puzzle platformer in which the player utilizes both a joystick and their body to control the game. In fact, in “Fru,” the player’s silhouette is used to reveal what lies beneath the world at first glance. “Fru’s” gameplay changes according to the player’s shape, pose and movement.
- “Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition” by DrinkBox Studios – “Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition” is an action-packed, 2D brawler/platformer that alternates between the worlds of the living and the dead.
- “Gunscape” by Blowfish Studios – At its heart, “Gunscape” is an FPS construction kit: A game with solid action gameplay, a welcoming approach to map building and a huge toolbox of iconic weapons, monsters and level elements that can be extensively combined to create new and exciting gameplay experiences.
- “Habitat” by 4gency – “Habitat” is a space-themed strategy game set in Earth’s orbit, where you lead a team of engineers to save humanity by building a space station out of an orbiting wasteland of space junk.
- “Hyper Light Drifter” by Heart Machine – “Hyper Light Drifter” is an action adventure RPG in the vein of the best eight-bit and 16-bit classics, with modernized mechanics and designs on a much grander scale.
- “It Draws a Red Box” by Other Ocean – “It Draws a Red Box” is a chaotic eight-player eSport jumping jetpack future arena ball game that is as inspired by “Bomberman” and “Smash Bros.” as it is by cans of soda, paint-by-number books, and driving five miles faster than the speed limit.
- “Nutjitsu” by NinjaBee – “Nutjitsu” is a top-down, arcade-style game for Xbox One. Players take control of the ninja squirrel on his quest to reclaim his clan’s honor. Featuring two game modes, five power ups, 25 ranks, three distinct enemies and 15 levels, this HTML5 based title is coming to your dojo in early spring.
- “Pinball Arcade” by FarSight Studios – “Pinball Arcade” features exact recreations of the all-time greatest pinball tables from Williams®, Bally®, Stern Pinball® and Gottlieb® together in one game. Every flipper, bumper, sound effect, and display pixel has been painstakingly emulated in astonishing detail.
- “Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut” by Toxic Games – “Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut” is a first-person game that faces the player with a series of brain-teasing puzzles. The player uses high tech gloves to manipulate different types of cube in the environment – unravelling conundrums ranging from physics-based challenges; to 3D jigsaws; to platform-based trials.
- “Riptide GP2” by Vector Unit – Featuring dynamic racing on fully interactive water surfaces, “Riptide GP2” sets the gold standard in modern water racing games. Take control of rocket powered hydro jets to race through futuristic cityscapes, hurl yourself off sky-high jumps and bust out dozens of death defying stunts.
- “Roundabout” by No Goblin – “Roundabout” is an open world driving puzzle game where you control a constantly rotating limousine! Pick up passengers, find secret collectibles, take on dangerous missions, and fall in love while reliving the 1977 rise to fame story of Georgio Manos.
- “Sixty Second Shooter Prime” by Happion Laboratories – “Sixty Second Shooter Prime” is a twin stick shooter with a sixty-second time limit. This new Prime version brings a graphics upgrade, a new soundtrack, infinity mode and social leaderboards.
- “Spectra: 8bit Racing” by Gateway Interactive – From new studio Gateway Interactive and Chipzel (the amazing chip-tune artist behind the “Super Hexagon” music) comes “Spectra,” a fast paced retro style racing game destined to get your heart pumping and test your skill like no other!
- “Strike Suit Zero” by Born Ready Games – “Strike Suit Zero: Director’s Cut” is a space combat game that throws players into huge, intense space battles where the very fate of Earth rests on your dogfighting skills.
- “Super Time Force” by Capybara – “Super Time Force” is an action-packed platformer with a time-travelling twist! Take control of up to 16 unique characters, and battle across six different time periods, from the long-ago past to the far-away future.
- “The Last Tinker” by Mimimi Productions – In a world where creativity has given way to conflict, a young street kid living in the slums of Colortown seeks to restore the spark of imagination to his hometown. A charming blend of modern platforming and multicolored style, “The Last Tinker” is a one-of-a-kind adventure.
- “Wulverblade” by Darkwind Media – “Wulverblade” is a side-scrolling brawler created in the spirit of the arcade greats. It’s 120AD and the Roman army has seized control of Britannia. Their goal: march north and conquer the island with brutal and bloody efficiency. The 5,000 strong 9th Legion are preparing for war, but little do they know what lies in wait for them.
So gamers have you played or been looking forward to playing these titles? Personally I’m glad Xbox One is getting that indie support that will undoubtedly bring gamers fresh and new experiences this generation. Do you enjoy indie titles or just buy AAA titles each year? Sound off in the comment section!
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by Brodrick McLaurin on 20140319 and was last modified on 20140319 .