Infinity Ward has announced that they will be making some changes to the eSports rules for their newest title, CoD: Ghosts. These changes will be implemented into the game via several “hotfixes” and title updates over the next couple of weeks. Infinity Ward plans on improving spawn locations, modify rule sets, disable third-person spectating in private matches, restrict ghillie suits, and more.
Excerpt from the Official Press Release:
General eSports Changes
- Restrict Ghillie suits in competitive rules.
- Restrict Tracker Sights in competitive rules.
- Restrict Danger Close in competitive rules.
- Disable third-person spectating in competitive Private Matches.
- Add a kill feed to Broadcaster mode.
- Address Broadcaster mode stability (squash crash bugs)
- Removal of split-screen in Private match when eSports rules are enabled.
- Add eSports rules to Clan vs. Clan playlist.
- Open Clan v Clan playlist to allow solo player entry & mixed clan teams.
- Modify Dead Silence/Amplify functionality
- Resolve the defuse timer animation discrepancy.
- Modify the defuse time sound effects if the defuse process is cancelled
- Add game action overlays where needed (flag captures, etc.).
- Resolve the leaderboard’s red death indicator delay.
- Roll over player in scoreboard to highlight arrow in mini-map
- Investigating the addition of Xbox One LAN support.
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by RGN Community on 20140110 and was last modified on 20140111 .