As previously promised, GTA: San Andreas has made its way to iOS platforms (compatible with iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPod Touch 5th Generation, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Mini, and iPad Mini Retina) and is now available for download from the Apple iTunes App Store (listing here).
For those who don’t remember the PlayStation 2 classic title from Rockstar Games (which eventually made its way to the original Xbox platform as well), San Andreas is renowned for its memorable and relate-able characters, the unprecedented amount of character customization in a GTA title, and the fact that it’s one of the largest open world games of all time. I mean, it sure didn’t hurt that it’s damn fun as well.
Check out the following screenshots released by Rockstar below showing off the graphical face-lift that’s been performed and in addition to this a bulleted list of features officially announced as well as character art for the game which is available for $6.99 right now and coming soon to Amazon Kindle, Windows Phone, and of course Android devices.
Excerpt from the Official Press Release:
- “Re-mastered, high-resolution graphics including lighting enhancements, an enriched color palette and improved character models;
- Dynamic detailed shadows and real-time environmental reflections (iPhone 5 series/iPad 4th Gen and above);
- Physical controller support for all Made-for-iOS controllers;
- Cloud save support for playing across all of your iOS devices for Rockstar Social Club Members;
- Updated checkpoint system;
- Dual analog stick controls for full camera and movement control;
- Three different touch control schemes and customizable controls.”
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by Jon Ireson on 20131213 and was last modified on 20131213 .