Strangely enough, Nintendo’s update that allows you to play Nintendo Wii games on the Nintendo Wii U’s Gamepad will still require players to use a WiiMote to do so. This is quite the setback, but at least you’ll still get a second screen to game on. If that just immensely disappointed you, take a look at the rest of the features the latest update brings below:
Excerpt from the Press:
- “The ability to automatically receive recommended demos and software using SpotPass.
- The ability to disable Nintendo ID use via smartphone or web browser
- USB keyboard support
- A dedicated friend list icon on the Wii U Menu
- Support for Dolby Pro Logic II Surround Sound when playing Wii software
- Users can chat via a headset plugged into the GamePad (for Wii U Chat)
- Internet Browser improvements
- Overall system stability improvements”
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by Tristan Werbe on 20131002 and was last modified on 20131002 .