Grand Theft Auto V is right around the corner and while many of you can’t close your mouths for a minute nor stop drooling, RealGamerNewz.com is here to bring you some new information concerning the Special Edition and Collector’s Edition packages of GTA V. Everything that comes in the Special Edition will of course be in the Collector’s Edition as well, but Collector’s Edition content is only for that version of the game as all Collector’s Editions work.
GTA V is available now for pre-order in both the Special and Collector’s Editions and releases worldwide September 17, 2013 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 by developer Rockstar North and publisher Rockstar Games distributed by Take-Two Interactive.
Special Edition Benefits:
- You’ll be able to find 2 special weapons at Ammu-Nation with unique features such as custom skins and attachments: the .50 cal pistol and the Bullpup Shotgun.
- 20% discount on certain stores around Los Santos.
- 1 special outfit each (one for Michael, one for Franklin, and one for Trevor).
- 1 special article of clothing (a shirt for Michael, a hoodie for Franklin, and a jacket for Trevor). Check them out in the image below this section.
- 1 special haircut for each character in the game.
- 1 special tattoo for each character in the game.
- 5 unique Stunt Plane Trial challenges which improve the piloting skill of your character upon completion.
- 25% faster re-generation of Special Abilities (Michael’s is Bullet-Time slowdown, Franklin’s is Drive-Time slowdown, Trevor’s is rage. These will be explained more in the upcoming RealGamerNewz GTA V Preview in our GTA section).
Collector’s Edition Only Benefits:
- 3 unique characters for GTA Online: Niko Bellic from GTA IV as well as Claude and Misty from GTA III. They can also be customized the same way other characters are customized which will be detailed soon in the upcoming RealGamerNewz GTA V Preview in our GTA section.
- Exclusive Garage: Players who pick up the Collector’s Edition of GTA V will get their own exclusive garage which stores vehicles like other garages but also comes with a CarbonRS sports bike (pictured at the top of the article) and the Hotknife which is an open-frame hotrod designed based on 1930’s hotrod style cars.
- GTA Online Exclusive Car: Khamelion electric high-end sports car. (Check it out in the picture below).
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by Jon Ireson on 20130826 and was last modified on 20130826 .