Yesterday Nordic games announced that Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition would be making its way to current-gen consoles later this year. The game will feature upgraded visuals, all of its DLC, reworked balancing of its loot distribution and more.
The game stars Death, one of the lengendary Four Horseman and the most feared. After being awakened by the End of Days, he sets out to restore all life on Earth and clear the name of his brother War, who was framed for mankind’s destruction in the original Darksiders.
- Play Death: Become the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds and battle forces beyond Heaven and Hell
- Epic Universe: Unlike anything the player has seen before, delivered in the unique style of Joe Mad
- Heaven/Hell: Explore startling gameworld environments reminiscent of heaven and hell
- Player Choice & Customization: Customize your experience with varied armor sets, weapons, and skill trees allowing players to create their own Death
- Replay-ability: Explore a vast open world, complete dozens of side quests and customize your Death with a full leveling system, skill trees and endless equipment combinations
- Traversal: Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before
The full list of what you’ll get with the Deathinitive Edition:
- Darksiders 2 with All DLCs* included and integrated into the game, offering a total playtime of more than 30 hours
*(Maker Armor Set, The Abyssal Forge, The Demon Lord Belial, Death Rides, Angel of Death, Deadly Despair, Shadow of Death, Mortis Pack, Rusanov’s Axe, Van Der Schmash Hammer, Fletcher’s Crow Hammer, Mace Maximus, Argul’s Tomb)
- Improved Graphic Render Engine for higher visual quality especially in terms of lighting and shadows
- Improved and reworked level, character and environment graphics
- Running in native 1080p resolution
- Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution
The Darksiders games were once the property of publisher THQ, before the company filed for bankruptcy. Nordic Games later acquired the the rights to the series.
“We took over the franchise roughly 2 years ago and thought about the next chapter for Darksiders ever since then. Naturally (and extremely excitedly!), there will be a large-scale project based on Darksiders, but for now it is very important for us to take care of the existing games and make those available to a broader audience. Bringing Darksiders 2 to current gen was a logical step for us and the team at Gunfire Games know their trade inside-out, so we easily and quickly had lots of ideas that we wanted to realise for this specific edition,” explains Reinhard Pollice, Business & Product Development Director at Nordic Games.
Gunfire Games are handling the development of the Deathinitive Edition. Almost half of their staff are former workers at Vigil Games, the studio who orginally developed the Darksiders games.
“It feels good to be working on Darksiders again, after a couple of years of hiatus”, comments David Adams, founder and president of Gunfire Games. “This project is a great opportunity for us to pick up where we left off two years ago and dig deeper into the game, which is close to all our hearts. Bringing the definitive Darksiders 2 experience to life is something that we hope a lot of people will enjoy and look forward to.”
Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition will release this winter for PS4 and Xbox One.
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by Jermain Jackson on 20150612 and was last modified on 20150612 .