“Download PS3 system software update 4.40 for headset improvements and general bug fixes.
An update to the PS3 system software was released on 21 March 2013. If you update your PS3 system, the system software version will be 4.40 and the following features will be updated. In order to download PS3 system software version 4.40, you will need a minimum 200MB of free space on either the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (System Update) or on removable storage media (PC Update).
Main features in system software update version 4.40
- System software update 4.40 will allow users to download content purchased from our online store to their PS3. This feature is not available yet and will be activated in May 2013. Keep an eye on eu.playstation.com for a detailed guide explaining how to make the most of this feature.
- The wireless stereo headset (CECHYA-0080 / CECHYA-0086) and the stereo headset (CECHYA-0088) now support PlayStation 2 Classics that have been downloaded from PlayStation Store.
- System software stability during use of some features has been improved.
- Depending on the software title, you may not be able to play without first updating the PS3 system software.
- Do not perform updates using any data other than the official update data provided by Sony Computer Entertainment over a network or on disc media, and do not perform updates by methods other than those described in the product documentation or in this site. If an update is performed using data from another source, by another method, or with a PS3 system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS3 system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PS3 system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.”
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by Jon Ireson on 20130324 and was last modified on 20130324 .