PlayStation Plus members gained access to the Starhawk Public Beta yesterday! Now you can play the upcoming third person shooter with real time strategy mechanics and experience X-Play’s Best Multiplayer Game of E3 for yourself. You can look for Starhawk to hit stores May 8, 2012 (hopefully before the world ends). As for those of you holding Starhawk beta codes from the Uncharted 3 launch week copies, your access goes live January 31.
Beyond the private beta’s features the following have been added:
- Classic Arcade Flight-Mode: Private Beta players asked for it and we’re happy to include the classic arcade flight from Warhawk.
- Host Migration: When the host leaves the game, the hosting duties transfer to another player and gameplay will continue, provided the option is checked.
- Language Support: European and Japanese languages are included. Korea, China, Latin America and Brazil will be in English…but these will include the appropriate languages for the full game.
- Skills: Players will be able to collect unique Skills to use in gameplay based on their performance. PlayStation Network Friend Integration: Friends status, messages, and friend requests.
- Bug Fixes: Lots and lots of bugs have been addressed.
Check out StarhawkTheGame.com for more details on the game and see below the official Starhawk Beta Schedule.
Check out Starhawk on Facebook to get more information on the game from the development team themselves.
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by Jon Ireson on 20120118 and was last modified on 20120426 .