Capcom has released the announcement trailer for the remaster of Devil May Cry 4. It was officially revealed towards the end of last year, but now we have more concrete details.
- There will be five playable characters this time around; Dante, Nero, Vergil, Trish and Lady (Who will be playable for the first time in a DMC game)
- Lady’s fighting style is all about staying at a distance, with a special emphasis on firearms
- Trish does away with weapon switching and utilizes the Sparda sword in a variety of ways
- The game will feature a new “Concentration” mechanic which “compliments” Vergil’s ““iaijutsu” fighting technique, allowing for stronger attacks that continue to grow in strength, the more calmly and flawlessly he fights.
- Vergil’s ability to teleport makes for a new gameplay experience, different to that of Dante and Nero’s
- Legendary Dark Knight Mode which wasn’t included in the PS3 version of DMC4, will make its return. Players will have to adapt their way of playing as they face off against “a tremendous number of enemies”
- There will be a “plethora” of new costumes that are fully compatible with in-game cutscenes
- It will be in 1080p and run at 60fps
It seems Capcom is going all out with this remaster. Instead of giving it a shiny new coat of paint and calling it a day, they’re offering new ways to play the game. I’m sure fans will be pleased. You can check out the action packed trailer below.
Devil May Cry: Special Edition is slated for a Summer 2015 release, on PS4, Xbox One and Steam.
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by Jermain Jackson on 20150323 and was last modified on 20150325 .