EA and Ghost Games’ Need for Speed reboot is getting its second free update tomorrow and it will deliver a plethora of new content that’ll be sure to please fans of older NFS titles.
The ‘Legends’ update will see the return of Eddie (NFS: Underground, NFS: U2), who will provide players with a series of new racing events to overcome.
He’s put together a list of the hottest street racers in Ventura Bay and you’re on it! He isn’t alone though as he’ll be accompanied by Melissa. She’ll be in touch as you look to compete in a series of knock-out events to earn a shot at Eddie himself, with the goal of walking away with his tricked out Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (1999).
Longtime Need for Speed fans will be pleased to learn that several of their favorite songs are also returning. Players will be able to listen to the likes of ‘The Baddest’ from Underground 2 and ‘Romulus 3 (NFS II), as they race through the streets of Ventura Bay.
- Aquila 303 – The Need for Speed (1994)
- Overheated – The Need for Speed (1994)
- Scud – The Need for Speed (1994)
- Toxic Exhaust – The Need for Speed (1994)
- Menu – NFS II (1997)
- Romulus 3 – NFS II (1997)
- Sirius 909 – NFS III Hot Pursuit (1998)
- Callista – NFS Road Challenge / High Stakes (1999)
- Quantum Singularity – NFS 4 Road Challenge / High Stakes (1999)
- The Good, The Bad, The Eddie – NFS Underground (2003)
- Intro Song – NFS Underground 2 (2004)
- The Baddest – NFS Underground 2 (2004)
- I Am Rock – NFS Most Wanted (2005)
- Belt – NFS Carbon (2006)
- Hard Drivers – NFS Carbon (2006)
- Induction Kit – NFS Carbon (2006)
- Decalomania – NFS Pro Street (2007)
- Dampener Rod – NFS Pro Street (2007)
- Bezel – NFS Pro Street (2007)
To continue the trend of NFS nostalgia, the update will also include new pre-set wraps for your cars, based on some of the most iconic designs in the racing series history.
- Chad – Toyota Supra SZ-R
- Samantha – Honda Civic Type-R
- Rachel – Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec 1999
- Caleb – Ford Mustang 1965
- Big Lou – Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR
- JV – Dodge Viper SRT
- Sonny – Volkswagen Golf GTI
- Kira – Mercedes-AMG GT
- Taz – Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR
- Webster – Chevrolet Corvette Z06
- Victor – Toyota Supra SZ-R
- Baron – Porsche Cayman GT4
- Ronnie – Mercedes-AMG GT
- Ming – Lamborghini Aventador
- Jade – Ford Mustang GT
- Izzy – Mazda RX7 Spirit R
- Razor – Ford Mustang GT
- Earl – Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR
- Angie – Dodge Charger SRT8
- Karol Monre – Ford Mustang GT
- Nate Denver – Ford Mustang Boss 302
- Ray Krieger – BMW M3 E92
- Rayo – Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR
The list of new content doesn’t stop there. You can expect new achievements/trophies, more decals, Reo level increase and more. Check out the full patch notes below.
Full ‘Legends’ Patch notes:
- Brand new progression thread unlocked at Rep Level 25. Eddie and Melissa are back and ready for a new challenge in Ventura Bay. 15 new events with a great reward at the end
- Unlock Eddies Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (1999)
- 12 new Donor car collectables hidden around Ventura Bay
- 10 Urbex spots – Collect interesting spots around Ventura Bay
- 113 New customisation items for a selection of cars: Dodge Challenger SRT8, Ford Mustang 1965, Honda Civic Type-R, Lotus Exige S, Volkswagen Golf GTI and Volvo 242
- New screens in My NFS to track new collectables and progression
- Rep Level has now been increased to 70, each level unlocking new decals for the Wrap editor
- 3 New Achievements & Trophies
- New Daily Challenges and new rewards
- Hundreds of new decals so you can make your favourite Need for Speed cars
- 20+ Pre-set Wraps from Most Wanted, Underground and Pro Street
- A selection of new music tracks to remind you of the old days
- Ability to mute new phone calls
- Phone call improvements
- You can now customize brake discs and calipers!
- Improvements to AI
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements
The update drops on December 9 for PS4 and Xbox One. PC owners who purchase Need for Speed once it releases next year will receive all of this content day one.
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by Jermain Jackson on 20151208 and was last modified on 20151208 .