For anybody living under a rock for the past couple decades, Worms is one of the longest running and most unique Turn-Based / Action / Strategy titles from the indie scene which has already made it major and back to indie and now sees today’s announcement from development studio Team 17 who is behind the franchise inception and production.
Team 17 has announced today that Worms Battlegrounds for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will be available digitally June 3, 2014 in the United States as well as physically in Europe starting May 30, 2014.
Worms Battlegrounds looks to extend the fun-filled, crazy video game series onto the next-generation video game consoles with its very own campaign, multiplayer, map editor, and 1080P Graphics @ 60 frames per second (among other features). Take a look at the Official Announcement Trailer released by Team 17 this morning as well as an excerpt from the Official Press Release for the game containing even more specific info.
Official Announcement Trailer:
Excerpt from the Official Press Release below:
Worms Battlegrounds features:
• 25 single player story missions
• 10 ‘Worm‐Ops’ time attack missions
• 5 environments: Inca, Viking, Feudal Japan, Industrial Revolution and Prehistoric with day to night lighting transitions
• Multiplayer Deathmatch and Fort modes with online and local multiplayer for up to four players
• Stunning graphics and gameplay running at 1080p 60fps
• Landscape editor
• Clan support including clan emblem editor
• 65 weapons and utilities including 10 outrageous new items: Mega Mortar, Gravedigger, Winged Monkey, Oxygen, Worm Charm, Bovine Blitz, Whoopsie Cushion, Teleport Gun, Aqua Pack and The Equalizer
• Physics based contraptions
• Over 200 individual customisation items for the worms
• DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller’s light bar dynamically changes colour depending on your worm’s scenario. Watch as the light car glows red for attacks and explosions, blue when your worm is submerged in dynamic water and green to indicate that your worm is poisoned (PS4 version only)
• Weapon Gestures. Assign up to four weapons for quick select using the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller’s Touch Pad (PS4 version only)
• Companion website. Keep track of your stats on the go! (PS4 version only)
• SmartGlass companion app. Keep track of your stats on the go! (Xbox One version only)
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by Jon Ireson on 20140519 and was last modified on 20140519 .