Gamescom 2015 will see the worldwide debut of King Art Games’s next title, The Dwarves. Based on the bestselling fantasy novel of the same name, this tactical RPG boasts a realistic and innovative Crowd-Combat System.
“The revolutionary Crowd-Combat System forms the core of The Dwarves, meaning that enemies exhibit a flocking behavior and are influenced by physics. If a dwarf lands a mighty blow with a heavy war hammer, the impacted orcs are thrown back, colliding with their allies and some of them might even be pushed into an abyss! It’s only through tactical use of the environment and all of the heroes skills that players will be able to survive against the hordes outnumbering them by 100 to 1.”
- The main character in the game is the dwarf Tungdil, who grew up among humans. Over the course of the story he gathers a group of up to 12 companions around him; each of whom have a unique backstory and individual battle skills.
- Before each battle you assemble a group of up to four heroes, who then fight against hundreds of enemies simultaneously… Helm’s Deep sends its regards!
- Innovative Crowd-Combat System: Enemies have a flocking behavior and react using realistic physics. Every action of the player has an impact on all enemies.
- You travel across Girdlegard on a world map that contains dozens of battlefields and places just waiting to be discovered.
- Bestselling author Markus Heitz is directly involved in the project as a consultant and will contribute some quests and brand new characters.
The Dwarves is set to release in 2016 for PS4, PC and Xbox One.
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by Jermain Jackson on 20150723 and was last modified on 20150723 .