2K has revealed when players can download the next batch of hunters and the monster, for their 4v1 first-person shooter. On March 31, Evolve’s next four hunters will be able for all platforms. Players will also be able to download the next monster, the Behemoth on the same day. The Behemoth will cost $15 for those who didn’t pre-order the game, while those who did will get him for free. The four hunters; Torvald (Assault), Crow (Trapper), Slim (Medic) and Sunny (Support) are included in the game’s season pass for $24.99.
You can check out the hunters below, along with what they bring to the battlefield and some tips from Turtle Rock Studios’ Jess Damerst.
“I HAVE CROSSED THE DEPTHS OF SPACE TO FIND YOU, BEAST! I AM YOUR DEATH!” – TORVALD
- Cybernetic implants
- Back-mounted Mortar Cannons
- Shrapnel Grenade for exposing weak spots on the Monster
- Autofire Shotgun
TRS Tip: Torvald’s Mortar is obviously great for splash damage at a distance, but you can also aim straight up for a close-range drop. Combine that with the Shrapnel Grenade to bring the Monster a world of pain.
“THESE THINGS ARE TOUGH….WONDER HOW THEY TASTE.” –CROW
- Pet Batray named Gobi, who flies ahead on command to scout for the monster’s location
- Stasis Gun with two firing modes: A rapid-fire mode for briefly slowing down the Monster, or a charged shot for a longer effect
- His Kinetic Long Rifle deals a lot of damage-per-second with its rapid-fire mode, while a charged shot will penetrate a Monster’s armor and damage its health.
TRS Tip: Send Gobi out often. He should be looking for the Monster even when you’re in a dome to keep tabs on it. Also, try to stick with the charged shot with the Stasis Gun – it will slow the monster longer, as opposed to short-burst shots.
“YOU GOT TOO MUCH HEALTH, GOLIATH! GIMME SOME!” – SLIM
- His Leech Gun saps the Monster’s strength and dictates how quickly his healing burst recharges
- Healing Burst has the largest radius among all medics
- Slim’s Healing Drone flies around have aids his teammates by regenerating their health
- His Spore Cloud Launcher masks the Hunters scent, making the Monster’s ability to smell their location useless
TRS Tip: Fire the Leech Gun often – even if you don’t think you’re hitting anything. The Leech gun is how Slim replenishes the Medic Heal Burst ability. The more shots you take at the wildlife (and the Monster), the faster it recharges!
“YAY! WE DID IT! WHY DIDN’T ANYONE BELIEVE ME? YOU GUYS ARE SUCH DOWNERS.” – SUNNY
- Her Shield Drones will provide cover for nearby teammates
- The Jetpack Booster allows her teammates to fly farther and faster. As long as they are within range, their jetpacks won’t run out of fuel
- Sunny’s Mininuke Grenade Launcher does more damage than any other hand-wielded weapon in the game with a single projectile
TRS Tip: Jetpack Boost teammates that are being attacked so they can dodge out of the way as much as possible. Also, if you’re hot on the trail of the Monster, Jetpack Boost your Trapper so that they can keep pace and drop a dome on it.
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by Jermain Jackson on 20150319 and was last modified on 20150319 .