Tag Archives: Black Ops Pass

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Real Gamer Review

Black Ops 4 marks the first Treyarch developed COD game since 2015 and the extra time taken for its development certainly shows. While not perfect, this year’s Call of Duty has taken on a lot of praise from skeptics and loyalists alike. There’s a reason why sales in the series have been going downhill whenever Treyarch isn’t involved, and with BO4 they’ve proven once again that they’re not to be underestimated. At the top of the priority list for BO4 is quality, performance, precision, and a brand-new take on battle royale.

There’s a lot of reason as to why players may be hesitant to embrace a Call of Duty game with no offline campaign mode, including previous problems in the series like Treyarch de-ranking players in Black Ops 2 for having high-speed internet, rather than admitting their own game engine problems. While those kinks have been ironed out this time around, there’s still a few issues to be had. Despite a well-intended Black Ops Pass and reduced Black Market grind, the micro-transactions in Black Ops 4 don’t manage to feel appropriate.

With all of that being said, the game still accomplishes a lot for the series and has won back many gamers leading to over $500 million USD in sales within the first 24 hours alone. For the 30% (on average) of folks who earn trophies in the single player campaign modes of COD, you’ll have to dedicate to online multiplayer this time around. However, for the other 70% of the franchise audience, you’ve been given more bang for the buck with 3 full online games packed into one – and hosting many different modes and variations.

Continue reading Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Real Gamer Review

Treyarch reduces the grind for Black Ops 4’s Black Market

The day before last we reported on how Black Ops 4 had instituted a fun but overbearing reward system for gameplay unlocking everything from stickers to put on guns, gun skins, spray paint designs, character costumes and outfits, to even a brand new Blackout character (at tier 199).

We heard your feedback in our comments section as well as social media and while many of you agreed with our assessment that the grind required to unlock these items was just too much. It turns out that Treyarch may have heard your voices as well, and it turns out they’ve found that they agree.

Continue reading Treyarch reduces the grind for Black Ops 4’s Black Market

The problem with Black Ops 4’s “Black Market” unlockable tiers

[Update: Treyarch reduces the grind for Black Ops 4’s Black Market]

While many of you may have been surprised to see Call of Duty Black Ops 4 release without any microtransaction scandals, reviews have been favorable to the game, and even gamers who didn’t expect to enjoy the title have given it praise, there were signs of something suspicious in the game last weekend.

Continue reading The problem with Black Ops 4’s “Black Market” unlockable tiers

What’s inside Black Ops 4 Season Pass

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 launched today and although the full game contains plenty of content for players, there is some question this time around as to what exactly is included in the game’s Season Pass. Taking a slightly different approach from previous COD games and their Season Pass structures, Treyarch claims to be dropping “more content with more frequency” in the new Black Ops Pass.

Some controversy existed when players realized that the Black Ops Pass was only available through purchasing special editions of the game so far, making it unclear if it would even be available at a later date or if gamers would have to pay full price for each DLC individually instead. But that turned out to be false, Black Ops Pass can be purchased on its own. So what’s exactly being offered here? And what’s in the base game?

Continue reading What’s inside Black Ops 4 Season Pass